Friday 31 August 2012

To Infinity and Beyond!

I always thought my career could go in two directions after my book was published: consulting or corporate. Either I would apply the advice from Change With Confidence at my clients' or next employer's businesses. Robert Cialdini said "He who has the most options wins." Having two options is definitely better than one, or is it?

Having two options gives you choice but it also implies that you have not committed to one. When I shared my two options with someone in the publishing industry, she wondered if the corporate option would limit my ability to promote my book. She was right: I would be absorbed in the challenges of my new role and team. The consulting option is far more flexible. I can blend speaking engagements and other promotional activities with assignments, giving the required time to both.

This week, I committed to the book promotion/consulting option. I incorporated a company called Change With Confidence Incorporated ("Limited" and "Confidence" don't go together) that matches the business cards I purchased earlier.

When the security guard at a client's office asked what company I was from, I belted out "Change With Confidence!" Buzz Lightyear would have been proud. The security guard paused before writing it in his book. Change with Confidence Incorporated became official!

As I walked away, clipping my guest badge to my belt, I thought, "To infinity and beyond. That sounds about right." 

Phil

3 comments:

  1. Cheers to 'Change With Confidence Inc.' May there always be a 'Buzz' in your step!

    Alka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome friend. The water's warm... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alka. I will strive to keep the 'Buzz' alive - the buzz of wonder; the buzz of potential; the buzz of discovery; and the buzz of progress.

    Mel, thank you, too. I look forward to many shared adventures helping clients be their best.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete